Fact: Far from it, the police was slow to act on Muslim fanatics for fear of being called ‘anti-Muslim’ by the media. As many as 170 people were shot dead by the police in Gujarat- i.e. killed in police firing. Muslims greeted the police, and also the army, with bullets and turned off the power supply and made life hell, and also started riots and accused the police of being biased, when the police came to search for armories in Muslim areas. For fear of being labeled anti-Muslim, the police failed to do their duty.
India Today weekly in its issue dated 20 May 2002, clearly admits that, far from being anti-Muslim, the Gujarat police did not act speedily against Muslim fanatics and rioters, for fear of being called anti-Muslim by the biased and partisan media.
The India Today weekly report dated 20 May 2002 says-“A series of attacks on policemen by Muslims has further added to the lack of faith. Now, strapped with the anti-Muslim label, the police has been slow in acting against Muslim fanatics”.
See the link- http://archives.digitaltoday.in/indiatoday/20020520/states2.html
This will contain the above sentence in the 6th paragraph from the top.
The Gujarat Police saved at least 24,000 Muslims from certain death in the first three days-in places like Sanjeli, Bodeli, and Viramgam in particular.
See passages 2,3 and 4 from the top.
Gujarat police shot dead 98 people in the first 3 days-majority of whom are Hindus. The Police arrested most of the accused for rioting. Also The Times of India in a report titled “More fall prey to police firings in Gujarat” dated 28 April 2002 says that a total of 35,552 people were arrested for rioting in Gujarat- out of whom 27,901 were Hindus.
See link: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/More-fall-prey-to-police-firings-in-Gujarat/articleshow/8283550.cms
Moreover, the prosecution of the police was so efficient that until now, at least 95 people for rioting in Gujarat-out of whom at least 61 are Hindus.
A must read article on role of Gujarat Government in controlling violence can be read here:
30 thoughts on “Myth 5: Gujarat police was anti-Muslim”
I know places in a locale called Juhapura (ahmedabad);
a) where crackers are burst when India loses to Pakistan in cricket/hockey
b) Not even police dare to venture there
c) a breeding ground for radicals taliban
a) where crackers are burst when India loses to Pakistan in cricket/hockey
this happens in bangalore and in some parts of the city some people hoist pakistan flag on aug 14th
MUSLIMS ARE ALL RESPONSIBLE. BECAUSE OF ONLY THEM INDIA CANNOT DEVELOP.THEY MULTIPLY SO QUICKLY.THEY CREATE IMPROVISHMENT IN OUR COUNTRY.
Don’t blame on Muslim, my friend.if muslims are multiply quikly then why we hindus are not?HINDU people should joined organisation like Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh,Vishva Hindu Parishad to protect itself in the future.
it is sad to see such comments from all of you friends…
still we are on the same way of hindu msulim
and let me tell you you all not alone dis
evn many muslims feels the same for hindus
but i think the time has come to be little bit broad minded
still you all are saying many useless things about muslims
fire crackres are burnt and all..
der are many regions in our country were being a muslim is a tabo.
why not we can think that we are indians first
its not true dat due to muslims we are not progressing or muslims multily faster
even the old generations hindus have the same no of offsprings
but now no muslim can think to have a large family and i think you alll must be awared of it
so if we want to progress we have to clear al these notions from our mind no matter we are muslim or hindu
iam a muslim by birth and islamic by faith,
i follow my religion and respect all the rest religions and believe me aiam not the only muslim der are many..
well said Shankar, all these so called REAL HINDU MEN are disgustingly sick minded, they easily call themselves “WE HINDUS” as if they own the religion, and all of us who do not support their organizations are traitors, these people find small reasons to instigate hatred among other communities, similarly, Godhra was just a spark they were waiting for to cause such a mayhem in the state..
consider thew fact, on the fateful day of Godhra tragedy, only 3 police men were on duty for a entire railway station, where all other police officers drinking BHANG AT HOME?? it was all done to let tensions escalate and some bad thing to happen…
These slaves of RSS keep repeating, that GUJARAT GENOCIDE was reaction to godhra incident, ask them , when BABRI MASJID came down, hindu muslims in many parts of india had clashes, because of such a a major reason, now are their only hindus in gujarat, why did this fire not spread in other states where fanatic HINDUS exist, because most of those states re ruled by Congress, there is no these cowards can go on streets to kill and mame people with police taking acre of the business…
RAHUL KEDIA ONCE SAID, VHP exercised restraint after Godhra, YOU LIARS TELL ME, if it wanted to keep peace in the state after that tragedy,. why would it call a statewide BANDH and make the roads and streets deserted?/ cause so much loss of business, any pro India organization will never do that..THE ONLY REASON THEY DID THIS, SO THAT THEIR CRIMINALS CAN HAVE FULL CONTROL OF THE STREETS, SO NO ONE HAS TO SEE THEIR DEATH DANCE AS INNOCENTS ARE BEING RAPED, KILLED, MAIMED AND BURNED…
WHAT A SHAME, THESE MONSTERS HAVE MADE A JOKE OF INNOCENT BLOOD, BY CALLING IT A RETALIATION, RETALIATION TO WHAT?? HUNDREDS OF INCIDENTS HAPPENED IN INDIA, DO PEOPLE COME OUT ON STREETS TO KILL EACH OTHER? WHY DID THIS HAPPEN WHEN THESE FANATIC HINDUS ALSO CALLED KARSEVAKS WERE KILLED? BECAUSE THEY SYMBOLIZE VHP’S STAND ON RAM TEMPLE, THIS IS WHY INNOCENTS WERE KILLED…
IF ORDINARY MEN WILL DIE, VHP WON’T EVEN CARE TO KNOW HOW MANY DIED, BUT WHEN HTIER IDEOLOGY WAS ATTACKED, THEY EASILY GOT THE BACKING OF ENTIRE HINDU SOCIETY AS IF ALL HINDUS SUPPORT THEM…THIS WAS NOT A HINDU BACKLASH, THIS WAS PURE REVENGEFUL HATRED TOWARDS A DIFFERENT CULTURE..SIMPLE AND SOLID…
Im proud to be an Indian. Where East Germany and West Germany have united. We in India are more divided now than ever on issues like Modi. But this is ok because we are a democratic country. What Modi did is like what Hitler did to jews. One cannot simply wipe out a community like muslims from India. Look what happended to Hitler in the end he committed suicide.
hey the first and most importnt thing is HUMANITY.
then comes religion,status etc.so being youth what we need is to find the truth behind all this riots..what is the real story?who is really doing all this?what is the root cause?we should not belv anythng said to us by police or media blindly..see what ever is happening no one is suffering without we the common people like u and me..so we should try to figure out the reality.and the whole community canot b blamed cz of one prsn..more over every religion teaches the lesson of brotherhood,humanity….which is yes 4fgtn by all of us..
every muslim is not the same .
but this the fact that every terrorist is an muslim. in the survey it is found that in the world there are somany terrorist organization out of which 90% are muslims .muslims have so much of anger
for hindus i dont know why but its the fact. & india is the only country where the muslims get all the benifits than other as well as indian goverment is not disturbing in their religious culture.
first of all
it is not the way of discussing
one who discuss we should depart them in to brazil jungles. every person is responsible for all. if one know then he should try to inform police to take action. and where we live we should be loyal to that country. if we live and earn in india then we must protect india from any attack. and we should keep eyes open to watch what is happening around us. only india is the country in world where other religion peoples are at top positions unlike other country. parties will do reservations or other things to earn votes.
hello if gujrat police was biased at that times casualtiyy for muslim whould have gone very high,i suspect after reading alot of history and wonder what islamic forces are ging to do in india if there % becomes 40% in india tahn riots,blood,rapes etc etc will become parcel of day,muslim you are NOT TOLERANT TO ANY COMMUNITY KAFIRS & YOU WILL KEEP ON SUCKING THE BLOOD OF HINUSTAN LIKE LEECH,EXception are always there but it is minute from your side and has no say in muslim community,majority are blood thursty cult who are looking for revenge with hindu,i tell you one thing if you give muslim 2 full days they are radical & cruel they can slaughter any amount(said by one muslim) in 1993 to me,thus if india has to progress they should by all means keep control on them as this community behaves like violent mob once it get chances.HINDU YOUTH KEEP YOURSELF STRONG & HINDU WOMEN YOU SHOULD BE SLAUGHTERED THEN & THERE FOR MINGLING WITH/FRIENS TO MUSLIM you are going to bear child who can serve army or benefit to society not uuicide bomber cult.I SUPPOSE MUSLIM YOUR DAYS ARE COMMING SIMILAR ON LINES OF JEWS,WHERE WHOLE WORLD WAS SLAUGHTERING THEM.
people like, the indian(who commented above on mar 17th), pratyush should be ashamed to call themselves Indians.. what is the point in dividing people as hindus and muslims?.. pratyush, you must be sick to hav said that india is impoverished because of muslims.. it is not because of the muslims .. it is because of people like you who divide peolpe as hindus and muslims.. as in the case of godhra incident, there have been eyewitnesses who themselves hav said it ws the planned work of hindus to spark protest against babri masjid. this never hit the newspaper headlines.. muslims are not terrorists.. there r bad people and good people in every community.. not only in muslim community.. there r hindu terrorists also.. wat abt veerapan? dara singh? the ULFA? these are just a few examples of hindu terrorism.. before any1 posts comments they should use their senses.. i am sure, people like pratyush and indian are illiterate.. first, educate yourself and then post your comments.. this is an advice to you guys
I agree there are bad people among Hindus as well- (Such as all non-BJP politicians, and people like Deepak here) but Hindu books dont teach them to murder Muslims and convert or kill- nor do they threaten them with Fire of Hell after Death- unlike Islam- whcih is full of violent teachings.
i dnt knw wat happened ther . all i knw is that i lost a family member in gulbarga society incident.. the people in the society didnt hurt their hindu neighbors rather they were in healthy social relationship yet when the godhra incident people those very people went on the rampage .. i m not blaming hindus as it was a hindu family that sheltered my relatives after the rampage was over but for those of you who think its a religious fault then next time such things happen better go nd be part of it coz u r no worse then the rioters themselves .. aur agar koi ye kehta hai ki kyunki vo hindu hai to vo hindustani hai aur deshbhakt hai to vo galat hai .. kyunki main ek deshbhakt hu aur hindustani hu… aur kisi koi problem hai to mujhse mille sab samjha dunga
98 relief/ refugee camps set up in the state, 85 were for the Muslims and 13 were for the Hindus
I think majority Muslims in Gujarat are more loyal to India and particularly Gujarati Muslims have better life. But there are pockets of hidden Pakistani Muslims who still trying to destabilize prosperous Gujarat. I am not in favor of any riots, but do not think Godhra first train incidence was an accident.
Look at the history of Somanath and Mohammad Ghori, Taiyamoor Lang, Mogul empire and massacre of Hindu_Kush mountains. May be Godhra event will look negligible. By the way Godhra does not have a pleasant history either. During 1948 riots, Sardar Patel had to burn down part of Godhra to flush out fanatic Muslims.
May be the current Congress party would have put him in jail!!
Islam is nothing but a devil’s creation !!
Islam says that where you find idolators cut them, sieze them,besige them, ambush them ….Convert them or kill them !! (Quran Chapter 9 Verse 5)
HA HA !! still you say that Islam is religion of peace !!
HA HA !!Stop lieing and supporting Islam’s terrorism !!
And abt virappan , ULFA and all (whom you called as hindu terrorism ) ………Let me tell you one thing that they chose to become a terrorist ……..This dosen’t mean Like Islam Hindutva Has taught them to do so !!
But on the contrary Islam teaches it’s followers to follow the path of terrorism and strike terror in the hearts of the people !! (Quran Chapter 8 Verse 12, Chapter 3 Verse 151) Islam has increased it’s followers just by putting swords on non-islamic people !!
And you people by converting Hindus or killing if they don’t convert divide India !! It were you who torched KARSEWAKS !! It were you who created Amarnath issue !! I am no longer one of you. The Allah I used to pray to- is nothing but a figment of imagination of Muhammad. The man who opned my eyes-
DR ALI SINA the great
JAI HIND !!
Now that the truth is coming out, and that MODIJI is not to blame for all this, how can we go after all these news papers that work for the Congress Party to spread misinformation and lies about MODI…..
Once SIT is over and MODIJI is found to be clean, he should higher a whole list of Lawyers to sue every news paper that has written wrong stories without actual proven facts. He can take the money he receives and use it to either help the poor or bring more development…
this way the news papers will be more careful next time…
if you think islam teaches terrorism then you are wrong my all frnds as we all are of one community and we share one world so we should try to not be biased for any religion so my dear frnds i first look at the mirror and then talk about others bcoz for a country like india to develop it is necessary not to get in all this stuff think only about the development of our country and that can happen only when you unite the people nd by dividing the people on any basis either it may be on the basis of religion or mumbai bahiya bhago kand like thing so we are first humans then hindu or muslim .
see god in all human beings and be god fir all human beings.
no religion teaches violence its depend on particular human how take the suitation ….telling anyting on any religion just show how bad human being we are . we must not forget that we are human being first and i also belive that no religion in the world teaches war riots or likewise .this thing happen due to miscommunication and lack of knowlege .point finger on any person is not fair before that we must check ourselves how good we are ….riots which happened in gujarat is due some people how knew that reigious matter in india are very senisitive and can agian many policital profits .just like to say reigion is personal matter of every human being anywhere in ther world and we should just keep it personal.
If no religion teaches violence- then Islam is no religion at all. As a matter of fact- even Hinduism tells to fight in self-defence in the Bhagavad Geeta- even if violence is needed. If you think Islam does not teach TERRORISM then tell me the meaning of Chapter 3 Verse 151, Chapter 8 Verse 12, Chapter 8 Verse 60 in the Quran. And also Chapter 9 Verse 5, Chapter 9 Verse 29, Chapter 8 Verse 39 etc etc. Open and read them- and explain to me what it really means- if I am wrong.
India was divided in 1947 when some people go to India, Pakistan refused to assume their country. These people regarded India as their homeland and did not trust the words of the Muslim League. These people chose to live in India had its own will. Ganga of them here – much liked composite culture than sixty years have passed. This has got to love the reward of this nation that today India’s backward society into a Muslim country and has become the victim. With Muslim youth unemployment – are also facing with disdain. Muslims should vote for the country’s political parties, but to solve their problems when it comes Azkah accepted by the silence. Which is why the government step approach because of the state of Muslims today is getting from bad to worse.
Freedom during the war it was decided that a representative of India’s Democracy and the Welfare State will be free. According to India’s social structure was the most appropriate arrangement. Gandhi, Nehru and many leaders thought that the British government after independence from Hukazwmat poor people will work for development. Governance systems around the world all the best because democracy has been considered, because under the system of governance and community rights in every class and their lives have equal stake. With minorities – with the poor and backward sections of government stake in the democracy a system different from other makes. Which is why the framers of the Constitution of India was the consensus that free democratic India will form the government, including small – equal share of all classes will be larger. Today we face the end of the credibility of democracy in India has come under threat. Democratic system for many people the illusion that it is based on the majority. When grown in Europe of democracy, as democracy was different then. Azkah the majority principle was key to democracy. But the world situation was changing. Capitalism and liberal democracy in the name of the majority of the storm is gone autocratic government. Poor farmers and workers moved away from power. It was against the spread of Marxist ideology. The result was changing the face of democracy in Europe. Lajefeer changed character of State, Welfare State was established, in which minorities also get preference system was implemented. Framers of the Constitution of India, poor farmers and laborers for the development of democracy and the welfare state established. Witness the fact that the condition of Muslims of Indian democracy and the welfare state has been turned on its agenda. Because of the framers of the Constitution was adopted, India has failed in it.
The truth about the poor Muslims, he horrors have heart. The 94.9 per cent below poverty line in rural areas Muslims are not getting free food. Only 3.2 per cent Muslims Sbsidhaijd advantage of getting loans. Ssiarf 2.1 per cent rural Muslims have tractors and Ssiarf handpumps facility near 1 percent. Education situation is worse. 60 per cent 54.6 Muslims in villages and cities were ever in school. West Bengal’s Muslims number more than 25 per cent, but they Ssiarf 4.2 per cent in government jobs. It is the Left government, state government has zero number of Muslims who work in companies. Army, police and paramilitary forces have very few Muslims. Helplessness of Muslims in prisons get the data. Surprising that the number of Muslims in prison is expensive. Muslims 10.6 per cent in Maharashtra, but 32.4 per cent the number of Muslims in prisons here. In Delhi, 11.7 per cent are Muslim, but 27.9 per cent of prisoners are Muslim in prison.
Research is a result of all the Muslims. Unfortunately it only say that in any department of government is not in proportion to population share of Muslims. The number of Muslims in civil services are pathetic. 3.22 per cent in the country Ssiarf IAS, IPS and 3.14 per cent 2.64 per cent are Muslim IFS. Even more startling is that the population of Sikhs and Christians than Muslims, but both of these services exceeds the number of Muslims. Similar is the condition of the country’s government departments. Tjodisire Ssiarf 6 per cent share of the Muslims. So far as the point at stake in politics reveals the startling facts. Sixty years after independence Ssiarf seven states so far have failed to become a Muslim chief minister. It is surprising that the J – K Abdullah Afarukh than a single Muslim country could not become chief minister, who could have ruled for five years. Muslims are marginalized in politics, witness the current number of MPs in the Lok Sabha Muslim. Currently 543 seats in the Lok Sabha MP Ssiarf 29 are Muslim. With social backwardness – with democracy is marginalized Muslims in different columns.
The nation’s largest community Alpsankhzik backward, uneducated, poor and remain poor if he can not ever develop. Government of any party, if he wants to develop India so poor and backward community development section of each connecting becomes his responsibility. Muslim society is the biggest curse of illiteracy. Surprising that despite these years of independence Muslim leaders and government do not realize the curse. Religious schools is a matter of improving the Hindu and Muslim fundamentalist organizations oppose it together. Secular and Progressive parties who are going to be called, it seems that as long as they remain uneducated Muslims, until they can be used like Voobanka. Now Ssiarf over this unhappiness may be expressed even after 60 years of independence our government could not reach the conclusion that Muslims how illiteracy may be removed and how religious schools should be improved. Now wait for the next 60 years, which will be spent and where in the world where the debate in India as we do on this subject will be.
Privatization, globalization and economic liberalism on the country’s poor Muslims is the worst affected. Past two decades, India is in the grip of neo-liberalism’s economic policy. It had the most negative impact on Muslims, especially weavers, artisans, craftsmen and embroidery – painting, etc. The economic policy because of people who have come on the margins. They are unemployed. The result is that their children away from school because of poverty are gone. Now with the privatization of education poor minority school will be denied. On one side is the government cut public jobs. Educated in the country’s economic system and changing its policies – the more money people leave government jobs and private jobs’re headed for success. So to understand is that 10 years after the Muslims if the reservation is also giving the minority will remain backward and the country will take another class.
Whenever we talk about Muslims, they assume a pan Indian society. It is not true and it is dangerous. India’s Muslim community is not homogeneous like any other religion. Muslim society like others economic, social, linguistic, ethnic, regional and caste-based is divided. As India’s Hindu society, it is the Muslim community. Poor and backward people of other religions the way to get the advantage of government schemes, he should also benefit Muslims. Indian Muslims is worse than the status of scheduled castes and tribes. Asazaf that hit both because of poverty, but the present government for help and support of Muslims have been left to their fate. Now those who run the country and Muslim community leaders before the poor among the questions that why the name of religion is being discriminated against.
At the core of the backwardness of Muslims have contributed to Muslim leaders. The problem is that socio – economic development issues such as cultural rather than religious and emotional issues most Muslim leaders put forward. Whenever we talk about the situation of Muslims the issue of Muslim Personal Law, Aligarh Muslim University came over the character and the tongue is Urdu. Muslim leaders among the social and economic development is debatable. Right from the start of Muslims are more concerned about security, but it needs to change. This right will need to understand that the security will be Bakud themselves. Unless Muslims unemployed, poor, and will share power off, then no government, no party and no politician can not give them protection. Hence the power play Azkahqui demand, or will be late.
As the secular parties, they all talk of reservation for Muslims in their manifesto and the government made repeated her is put on hold. Fourth World Azakbar When two years are languishing in the cupboard of Parliament Ranganath Mishra Commission report published in the Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha unleashed chaos. But the government did not offer it yet. Then challenged the editor saying that the RS impotent by Santosh Indian people has become the fourth club world editor Privelej the notice was issued. Then when Mulayam Singh in the Lok Sabha proceedings and raised voice nor threatened to run, the Government of the Ranganath Mishra Commission report tabled in Parliament. Ssiarf submitted, no action. Report of implementation is not yet a Ssugbugaho. This is the same government, headed by Manmohan Singh said it was a few years ago on the resources of the country’s minority more rights. What kind of government compulsion that he is intent on Aadazfaramoshi. What do Muslims believe. Why is it assumed that any ideology, whether they be political parties, the Muslims for the development of things, but does not adhere.
The Government says that reservations to Muslims need consensus in Parliament. So what the government provides whatever bill passes, it is cross-party consensus? India – U.S. nuclear deal was the agreement of all parties? What about Women’s Reservation Bill is agreement across party lines? Yet the Government took steps, the bill introduced. But the point of development is poor and backward Muslims take every government is finding excuses. Connected to the fact that Muslims think when it comes to emotional agitation in the country is blatant. That’s good. But when these Muslims employment, education and growth comes not know why, people are snakes smell. Take the case of Babri Masjid to the point of martyrdom. All the secular parties were one of the country. Hindu or Muslim, the society’s director came to the streets. Countrywide agitation against the BJP and the RSS has begun, but the same people on the Sachar Committee and Ranganath Mishra Commission report has sat silent tax.
Before the country is a serious danger. Democracy is in danger, but the sense of threat is neither the government nor the political parties. Inequalities across society, rather than identifying and taking steps to run the country who are silent or avoid the issue has been decided. The risk is due to backwardness of Muslims, their unemployment and illiteracy. Muslim’s condition is getting worse year after year. Aside from parties like the RSS and the BJP on the other hand they risk group, which used to understand the Voobanka Muslims, but instead of solving their everyday problems of dilatory game play. An agreement on the U.S. and Europe to militant Muslim governments are engaged in economic policy and inflation on the other hand the Muslims to put the freshly broken. A commission report on the Sachar Committee and Ranganath, who as a ray of hope for Muslims get the shelving on the other hand the government reports. Muslims from every side is facing damage. The damage is not Ssiarf Muslims, the country’s democratic system is based and challenging ideas. The challenge of democracy in India, holds the power to eliminate credit. Obvious that the rights of minorities in the system, their share in power and development are not sure, he has betrayed the name of democracy. The truth is that Muslims today Ssiarf not, our democracy is in danger.
People I was der in gujarat during the riots…It was nothing but politics..U say that MODIJI was not involved…he was the one who supported the riots…I saw it myself…Police turning their back after asking my name and religion and the people I was standing with were killing a muslim guy..They did nothing to improve the situation…Thnk if you wud have lost someone bcoz of police negligence…I saw ppl creating reasons for retaliation of other community./..Wen army came into picture only 3 armymen controlled our whole area…n no one after that thght of going out and killing someone…I can tell u the place as well…Go to baroda…Sai Nagar whch is on new airport road…ask ppl out der…Dey will tell the same incident…..I used to live there but lost everythn and had to shft to Mumbai…Just get to knw first the actual scene…Its bigger than u can ever thnk…Riots are not fr common ppl…Only politicians profit…
it is really great to get government jobs because the government can give you a good job security :”.
My dear elders, brothers and sisters do not remain in search to find the faults in muslims and then associate them with the teachings of Islam. The verses you have quoted to prove Islam a religion of terrorists and extremism is a clear example of your ignorance about Islam. It is a greatest blessing of Allah on mankind that he sent messengers in all ages and finally Prophet Muhammad (SAW) to guide the humanity towards the right. Whenever you people quote any verse from the Quran, first go to the background of the verses and read the full context. Then you will come to know what Allah means by saying a particular verse. You simple read from unauthentic sources and hear from the persons whose credibililty is a question and then begin to present the views like the same. If You really possess the real knowledge, then you will think a thousand times before doubting any verse of the holy Quran and even after thinking thousand times you will not find a single statement in the Quran to quote in order to prove the Quran a book of terrorists.
In your own religious scriptures hundreds of verses speak about the Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as an antim reshi (the final messenger) and so many attributes have been given to him. For refrence you can view the cd’s of Dr. Zakir Naik who has proved from your religious scriptures (no matter whether you are a Hindu, Christian or of any other belief). Go to the site (www.islamicresearchfoundation.net)where you will find answers to many of your questions and inshaAallah in the future you will refrain from making such statements. You can even demand the cd’s for the same.
The Islamic mission is based of truth. We muslims are not allowed to mainipulate the truth and neither we do so. We do not quote verses from your books like you. But we quote verses in order to bring all the people on a common platform. As Allah speaks in the glorious Quran “come to the common terms as between us and you”
I hope if you go through the Vedas, Bhagwat Geeta or Bible, you will definetly come to know the verse from the glorious Quran (inna deena indallahil islam ) i.e., the only religion acceptable in the sight of Allah is Islam. And all other religions were meant for a particular age, for a particular set of people.
My statements are neither emotional nor from a fanatic point of view. I hope you will go through your own religious scriptures and the day is not far when you will recite
“la i la ha illallah muhammadarrasollah (SAW)”
@Zarger Bilal—keep it up sir…
I appreciate you for being quite helpful and for making a decision on certain cool ideas most people are really eager to discover.
My dear trying to defend the one who lacks credibility in his acts and speechs equals you with the criminal. It is not the statement of any political party acting in opposition but the Gujrat riots are the real pages of the history from the topic of communalism and oppression. If any administrator is not able to trace the real culprits and blames others for the lose administration he has in his own home, then what is the term applicable for him as per the knowledge you have. Think for a while about the person whose sister and/or mother got raped before his eyes, think of the mother whose son was cut into pieces infront of her eyes, think of the sister whose borther was killed infront of her and later on she was raped, think as a brother whose sister is being raped by several armed people, think of the people who even after a decade are not feeling secure to return to their homes and think of the people who once lived a happy and peaceful life but are now begging in the same streets for food and shelter and then think of the administrator in whose presence this all happened and is continuing yet. The answer will be logical………i hope
Assalamualikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu
Now here is the full context
Chapter 3, V 151, Chapter 8, V 12, 60, 39
Chapter 3, V 151
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
1. A. L. M.
2. Allah. There is no god but He,-the Living, the Self-Subsisting, Eternal.
3. It is He Who sent down to thee (step by step), in truth, the Book, confirming what went before it; and He sent down the Law (of Moses) and the Gospel (of Jesus) before this, as a guide to mankind, and He sent down the criterion (of judgment between right and wrong).
4. Then those who reject Faith in the Signs of Allah will suffer the severest penalty, and Allah is Exalted in Might, Lord of Retribution.
5. From Allah, verily nothing is hidden on earth or in the heavens.
6. He it is Who shapes you in the wombs as He pleases. There is no god but He, the Exalted in Might, the Wise.
7. He it is Who has sent down to thee the Book: In it are verses basic or fundamental (of established meaning); they are the foundation of the Book: others are allegorical. But those in whose hearts is perversity follow the part thereof that is allegorical, seeking discord, and searching for its hidden meanings, but no one knows its hidden meanings except Allah. And those who are firmly grounded in knowledge say: “We believe in the Book; the whole of it is from our Lord:” and none will grasp the Message except men of understanding.
8. “Our Lord!” (they say), “Let not our hearts deviate now after Thou hast guided us, but grant us mercy from Thine own Presence; for Thou art the Grantor of bounties without measure.
9. “Our Lord! Thou art He that will gather mankind Together against a day about which there is no doubt; for Allah never fails in His promise.”
10. Those who reject Faith,- neither their possessions nor their (numerous) progeny will avail them aught against Allah. They are themselves but fuel for the Fire.
11. (Their plight will be) no better than that of the people of Pharaoh, and their predecessors: They denied our Signs, and Allah called them to account for their sins. For Allah is strict in punishment.
12. Say to those who reject Faith: “Soon will ye be vanquished and gathered together to Hell,-an evil bed indeed (to lie on)!
13. “There has already been for you a Sign in the two armies that met (in combat): One was fighting in the cause of Allah, the other resisting Allah. these saw with their own eyes Twice their number. But Allah doth support with His aid whom He pleaseth. In this is a warning for such as have eyes to see.”
14. Fair in the eyes of men is the love of things they covet: Women and sons; Heaped-up hoards of gold and silver; horses branded (for blood and excellence); and (wealth of) cattle and well-tilled land. Such are the possessions of this world’s life; but in nearness to Allah is the best of the goals (To return to).
15. Say: Shall I give you glad tidings of things Far better than those? For the righteous are Gardens in nearness to their Lord, with rivers flowing beneath; therein is their eternal home; with companions pure (and holy); and the good pleasure of Allah. For in Allah.s sight are (all) His servants,-
16. (Namely), those who say: “Our Lord! we have indeed believed: forgive us, then, our sins, and save us from the agony of the Fire;”-
17. Those who show patience, Firmness and self-control; who are true (in word and deed); who worship devoutly; who spend (in the way of Allah.; and who pray for forgiveness in the early hours of the morning.
18. There is no god but He: That is the witness of Allah, His angels, and those endued with knowledge, standing firm on justice. There is no god but He, the Exalted in Power, the Wise.
19. The Religion before Allah is Islam (submission to His Will): Nor did the People of the Book dissent therefrom except through envy of each other, after knowledge had come to them. But if any deny the Signs of Allah, Allah is swift in calling to account.
20. So if they dispute with thee, say: “I have submitted My whole self to Allah and so have those who follow me.” And say to the People of the Book and to those who are unlearned: “Do ye (also) submit yourselves?” If they do, they are in right guidance, but if they turn back, Thy duty is to convey the Message; and in Allah.s sight are (all) His servants.
21. As to those who deny the Signs of Allah and in defiance of right, slay the prophets, and slay those who teach just dealing with mankind, announce to them a grievous penalty.
22. They are those whose works will bear no fruit in this world and in the Hereafter nor will they have anyone to help.
23. Hast thou not turned Thy vision to those who have been given a portion of the Book? They are invited to the Book of Allah, to settle their dispute, but a party of them Turn back and decline (The arbitration).
24. This because they say: “The Fire shall not touch us but for a few numbered days”: For their forgeries deceive them as to their own religion.
25. But how (will they fare) when we gather them together against a day about which there is no doubt, and each soul will be paid out just what it has earned, without (favour or) injustice?
26. Say: “O Allah. Lord of Power (And Rule), Thou givest power to whom Thou pleasest, and Thou strippest off power from whom Thou pleasest: Thou enduest with honour whom Thou pleasest, and Thou bringest low whom Thou pleasest: In Thy hand is all good. Verily, over all things Thou hast power.
27. “Thou causest the night to gain on the day, and thou causest the day to gain on the night; Thou bringest the Living out of the dead, and Thou bringest the dead out of the Living; and Thou givest sustenance to whom Thou pleasest, without measure.”
28. Let not the believers Take for friends or helpers Unbelievers rather than believers: if any do that, in nothing will there be help from Allah. except by way of precaution, that ye may Guard yourselves from them. But Allah cautions you (To remember) Himself; for the final goal is to Allah.
29. Say: “Whether ye hide what is in your hearts or reveal it, Allah knows it all: He knows what is in the heavens, and what is on earth. And Allah has power over all things.
30. “On the Day when every soul will be confronted with all the good it has done, and all the evil it has done, it will wish there were a great distance between it and its evil. But Allah cautions you (To remember) Himself. And Allah is full of kindness to those that serve Him.”
31. Say: “If ye do love Allah, Follow me: Allah will love you and forgive you your sins: For Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.”
32. Say: “Obey Allah and His Messenger.: But if they turn back, Allah loveth not those who reject Faith.
33. Allah did choose Adam and Noah, the family of Abraham, and the family of ‘Imran above all people,-
34. Offspring, one of the other: And Allah heareth and knoweth all things.
35. Behold! a woman of ‘Imran said: “O my Lord! I do dedicate unto Thee what is in my womb for Thy special service: So accept this of me: For Thou hearest and knowest all things.”
36. When she was delivered, she said: “O my Lord! Behold! I am delivered of a female child!”- and Allah knew best what she brought forth- “And no wise is the male Like the female. I have named her Mary, and I commend her and her offspring to Thy protection from the Evil One, the Rejected.”
37. Right graciously did her Lord accept her: He made her grow in purity and beauty: To the care of Zakariya was she assigned. Every time that he entered (Her) chamber to see her, He found her supplied with sustenance. He said: “O Mary! Whence (comes) this to you?” She said: “From Allah. for Allah Provides sustenance to whom He pleases without measure.”
38. There did Zakariya pray to his Lord, saying: “O my Lord! Grant unto me from Thee a progeny that is pure: for Thou art He that heareth prayer!
39. While he was standing in prayer in the chamber, the angels called unto him: “(Allah) doth give thee glad tidings of Yahya, witnessing the truth of a Word from Allah, and (be besides) noble, chaste, and a prophet,- of the (goodly) company of the righteous.”
40. He said: “O my lord! How shall I have a son seeing I am very old and my wife is barren?” “Thus” was the answer “doth Allah accomplish whatt He willeth.”
41. He said: “O my Lord! Give me a Sign!” “Thy Sign,” was the answer, “Shall be that thou shalt speak to no man for three days but with signals. Then celebrate the praises of thy Lord again and again, and glorify Him in the evening and in the morning.”
42. Behold! the angels said: “O Mary! Allah hath chosen thee and purified thee- chosen thee above the women of all nations.
43. “O Mary! worship Thy Lord devoutly: Prostrate thyself, and bow down (in prayer) with those who bow down.”
44. This is part of the tidings of the things unseen, which We reveal unto thee (O Messenger.) by inspiration: Thou wast not with them when they cast lots with arrows, as to which of them should be charged with the care of Mary: Nor wast thou with them when they disputed (the point).
45. Behold! the angels said: “O Mary! Allah giveth thee glad tidings of a Word from Him: his name will be Christ Jesus, the son of Mary, held in honour in this world and the Hereafter and of (the company of) those nearest to Allah.
46. “He shall speak to the people in childhood and in maturity. And he shall be (of the company) of the righteous.”
47. She said: “O my Lord! How shall I have a son when no man hath touched me?” He said: “Even so: Allah createth what He willeth: When He hath decreed a plan, He but saith to it, ‘Be,’ and it is!
48. “And Allah will teach him the Book and Wisdom, the Law and the Gospel,
49. “And (appoint him) an apostle to the Children of Israel, (with this message): “‘I have come to you, with a Sign from your Lord, in that I make for you out of clay, as it were, the figure of a bird, and breathe into it, and it becomes a bird by Allah.s leave: And I heal those born blind, and the lepers, and I quicken the dead, by Allah.s leave; and I declare to you what ye eat, and what ye store in your houses. Surely therein is a Sign for you if ye did believe;
50. “‘(I have come to you), to attest the Law which was before me. And to make lawful to you part of what was (Before) forbidden to you; I have come to you with a Sign from your Lord. So fear Allah, and obey me.
51. “‘It is Allah Who is my Lord and your Lord; then worship Him. This is a Way that is straight.'”
52. When Jesus found Unbelief on their part He said: “Who will be My helpers to (the work of) Allah.” Said the disciples: “We are Allah.s helpers: We believe in Allah, and do thou bear witness that we are Muslims.
53. “Our Lord! we believe in what Thou hast revealed, and we follow the Messenger. then write us down among those who bear witness.”
54. And (the unbelievers) plotted and planned, and Allah too planned, and the best of planners is Allah.
55. Behold! Allah said: “O Jesus! I will take thee and raise thee to Myself and clear thee (of the falsehoods) of those who blaspheme; I will make those who follow thee superior to those who reject faith, to the Day of Resurrection: Then shall ye all return unto me, and I will judge between you of the matters wherein ye dispute.
56. “As to those who reject faith, I will punish them with terrible agony in this world and in the Hereafter, nor will they have anyone to help.”
57. “As to those who believe and work righteousness, Allah will pay them (in full) their reward; but Allah loveth not those who do wrong.”
58. “This is what we rehearse unto thee of the Signs and the Message of Wisdom.”
59. The similitude of Jesus before Allah is as that of Adam; He created him from dust, then said to him: “Be”. And he was.
60. The Truth (comes) from Allah alone; so be not of those who doubt.
61. If any one disputes in this matter with thee, now after (full) knowledge Hath come to thee, say: “Come! let us gather together,- our sons and your sons, our women and your women, ourselves and yourselves: Then let us earnestly pray, and invoke the curse of Allah on those who lie!”
62. This is the true account: There is no god except Allah. and Allah.He is indeed the Exalted in Power, the Wise.
63. But if they turn back, Allah hath full knowledge of those who do mischief.
64. Say: “O People of the Book! come to common terms as between us and you: That we worship none but Allah. that we associate no partners with him; that we erect not, from among ourselves, Lords and patrons other than Allah.” If then they turn back, say ye: “Bear witness that we (at least) are Muslims (bowing to Allah.s Will).
65. Ye People of the Book! Why dispute ye about Abraham, when the Law and the Gospel Were not revealed Till after him? Have ye no understanding?
66. Ah! Ye are those who fell to disputing (Even) in matters of which ye had some knowledge! but why dispute ye in matters of which ye have no knowledge? It is Allah Who knows, and ye who know not!
67. Abraham was not a Jew nor yet a Christian; but he was true in Faith, and bowed his will to Allah.s (Which is Islam), and he joined not gods with Allah.
68. Without doubt, among men, the nearest of kin to Abraham, are those who follow him, as are also this Messenger and those who believe: And Allah is the Protector of those who have faith.
69. It is the wish of a section of the People of the Book to lead you astray. But they shall lead astray (Not you), but themselves, and they do not perceive!
70. Ye People of the Book! Why reject ye the Signs of Allah, of which ye are (Yourselves) witnesses?
71. Ye People of the Book! Why do ye clothe Truth with falsehood, and conceal the Truth, while ye have knowledge?
72. A section of the People of the Book say: “Believe in the morning what is revealed to the believers, but reject it at the end of the day; perchance they may (themselves) Turn back;
73. “And believe no one unless he follows your religion.” Say: “True guidance is the Guidance of Allah. (Fear ye) Lest a revelation be sent to someone (else) Like unto that which was sent unto you? or that those (Receiving such revelation) should engage you in argument before your Lord?” Say: “All bounties are in the hand of Allah. He granteth them to whom He pleaseth: And Allah careth for all, and He knoweth all things.”
74. For His Mercy He specially chooseth whom He pleaseth; for Allah is the Lord of bounties unbounded.
75. Among the People of the Book are some who, if entrusted with a hoard of gold, will (readily) pay it back; others, who, if entrusted with a single silver coin, will not repay it unless thou constantly stoodest demanding, because, they say, “there is no call on us (to keep faith) with these ignorant (Pagans).” but they tell a lie against Allah, and (well) they know it.
76. Nay.- Those that keep their plighted faith and act aright,-verily Allah loves those who act aright.
77. As for those who sell the faith they owe to Allah and their own plighted word for a small price, they shall have no portion in the Hereafter: Nor will Allah (Deign to) speak to them or look at them on the Day of Judgment, nor will He cleans them (of sin): They shall have a grievous penalty.
78. There is among them a section who distort the Book with their tongues: (As they read) you would think it is a part of the Book, but it is no part of the Book; and they say, “That is from Allah,” but it is not from Allah. It is they who tell a lie against Allah, and (well) they know it!
79. It is not (possible) that a man, to whom is given the Book, and Wisdom, and the prophetic office, should say to people: “Be ye my worshippers rather than Allah.s”: on the contrary (He would say) “Be ye worshippers of Him Who is truly the Cherisher of all: For ye have taught the Book and ye have studied it earnestly.”
80. Nor would he instruct you to take angels and prophets for Lords and patrons. What! would he bid you to unbelief after ye have bowed your will (To Allah in Islam)?
81. Behold! Allah took the covenant of the prophets, saying: “I give you a Book and Wisdom; then comes to you an apostle, confirming what is with you; do ye believe in him and render him help.” Allah said: “Do ye agree, and take this my Covenant as binding on you?” They said: “We agree.” He said: “Then bear witness, and I am with you among the witnesses.”
82. If any turn back after this, they are perverted transgressors.
83. Do they seek for other than the Religion of Allah.-while all creatures in the heavens and on earth have, willing or unwilling, bowed to His Will (Accepted Islam), and to Him shall they all be brought back.
84. Say: “We believe in Allah, and in what has been revealed to us and what was revealed to Abraham, Isma’il, Isaac, Jacob, and the Tribes, and in (the Books) given to Moses, Jesus, and the prophets, from their Lord: We make no distinction between one and another among them, and to Allah do we bow our will (in Islam).”
85. If anyone desires a religion other than Islam (submission to Allah., never will it be accepted of him; and in the Hereafter He will be in the ranks of those who have lost (All spiritual good).
86. How shall Allah Guide those who reject Faith after they accepted it and bore witness that the Messenger was true and that Clear Signs had come unto them? but Allah guides not a people unjust.
87. Of such the reward is that on them (rests) the curse of Allah, of His angels, and of all mankind;-
88. In that will they dwell; nor will their penalty be lightened, nor respite be (their lot);-
89. Except for those that repent (Even) after that, and make amends; for verily Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
90. But those who reject Faith after they accepted it, and then go on adding to their defiance of Faith,- never will their repentance be accepted; for they are those who have (of set purpose) gone astray.
91. As to those who reject Faith, and die rejecting,- never would be accepted from any such as much gold as the earth contains, though they should offer it for ransom. For such is (in store) a penalty grievous, and they will find no helpers.
92. By no means shall ye attain righteousness unless ye give (freely) of that which ye love; and whatever ye give, of a truth Allah knoweth it well.
93. All food was lawful to the Children of Israel, except what Israel Made unlawful for itself, before the Law (of Moses) was revealed. Say: “Bring ye the Law and study it, if ye be men of truth.”
94. If any, after this, invent a lie and attribute it to Allah, they are indeed unjust wrong-doers.
95. Say: “(Allah) speaketh the Truth: follow the religion of Abraham, the sane in faith; he was not of the Pagans.”
96. The first House (of worship) appointed for men was that at Bakka: Full of blessing and of guidance for all kinds of beings:
97. In it are Signs Manifest; (for example), the Station of Abraham; whoever enters it attains security; Pilgrimage thereto is a duty men owe to Allah,- those who can afford the journey; but if any deny faith, Allah stands not in need of any of His creatures.
98. Say: “O People of the Book! Why reject ye the Signs of Allah, when Allah is Himself witness to all ye do?”
99. Say: “O ye People of the Book! Why obstruct ye those who believe, from the path of Allah, Seeking to make it crooked, while ye were yourselves witnesses (to Allah.s Covenant)? but Allah is not unmindful of all that ye do.”
100. O ye who believe! If ye listen to a faction among the People of the Book, they would (indeed) render you apostates after ye have believed!
101. And how would ye deny Faith while unto you are rehearsed the Signs of Allah, and among you Lives the Messenger. Whoever holds firmly to Allah will be shown a way that is straight.
102. O ye who believe! Fear Allah as He should be feared, and die not except in a state of Islam.
103. And hold fast, all together, by the rope which Allah (stretches out for you), and be not divided among yourselves; and remember with gratitude Allah.s favour on you; for ye were enemies and He joined your hearts in love, so that by His Grace, ye became brethren; and ye were on the brink of the pit of Fire, and He saved you from it. Thus doth Allah make His Signs clear to you: That ye may be guided.
104. Let there arise out of you a band of people inviting to all that is good, enjoining what is right, and forbidding what is wrong: They are the ones to attain felicity.
105. Be not like those who are divided amongst themselves and fall into disputations after receiving Clear Signs: For them is a dreadful penalty,-
106. On the Day when some faces will be (lit up with) white, and some faces will be (in the gloom of) black: To those whose faces will be black, (will be said): “Did ye reject Faith after accepting it? Taste then the penalty for rejecting Faith.”
107. But those whose faces will be (lit with) white,- they will be in (the light of) Allah.s mercy: therein to dwell (for ever).
108. These are the Signs of Allah. We rehearse them to thee in Truth: And Allah means no injustice to any of His creatures.
109. To Allah belongs all that is in the heavens and on earth: To Him do all questions go back (for decision).
110. Ye are the best of peoples, evolved for mankind, enjoining what is right, forbidding what is wrong, and believing in Allah. If only the People of the Book had faith, it were best for them: among them are some who have faith, but most of them are perverted transgressors.
111. They will do you no harm, barring a trifling annoyance; if they come out to fight you, they will show you their backs, and no help shall they get.
112. Shame is pitched over them (Like a tent) wherever they are found, except when under a covenant (of protection) from Allah and from men; they draw on themselves wrath from Allah, and pitched over them is (the tent of) destitution. This because they rejected the Signs of Allah, and slew the prophets in defiance of right; this because they rebelled and transgressed beyond bounds.
113. Not all of them are alike: Of the People of the Book are a portion that stand (For the right): They rehearse the Signs of Allah all night long, and they prostrate themselves in adoration.
114. They believe in Allah and the Last Day; they enjoin what is right, and forbid what is wrong; and they hasten (in emulation) in (all) good works: They are in the ranks of the righteous.
115. Of the good that they do, nothing will be rejected of them; for Allah knoweth well those that do right.
116. Those who reject Faith,- neither their possessions nor their (numerous) progeny will avail them aught against Allah. They will be companions of the Fire,- dwelling therein (for ever).
117. What they spend in the life of this (material) world May be likened to a wind which brings a nipping frost: It strikes and destroys the harvest of men who have wronged their own souls: it is not Allah that hath wronged them, but they wrong themselves.
118. O ye who believe! Take not into your intimacy those outside your ranks: They will not fail to corrupt you. They only desire your ruin: Rank hatred has already appeared from their mouths: What their hearts conceal is far worse. We have made plain to you the Signs, if ye have wisdom.
119. Ah! ye are those who love them, but they love you not,- though ye believe in the whole of the Book. When they meet you, they say, “We believe”: But when they are alone, they bite off the very tips of their fingers at you in their rage. Say: “Perish in you rage; Allah knoweth well all the secrets of the heart.”
120. If aught that is good befalls you, it grieves them; but if some misfortune overtakes you, they rejoice at it. But if ye are constant and do right, not the least harm will their cunning do to you; for Allah Compasseth round about all that they do.
121. Remember that morning Thou didst leave Thy household (early) to post the faithful at their stations for battle: And Allah heareth and knoweth all things:
122. Remember two of your parties Meditated cowardice; but Allah was their protector, and in Allah should the faithful (Ever) put their trust.
123. Allah had helped you at Badr, when ye were a contemptible little force; then fear Allah. thus May ye show your gratitude.
124. Remember thou saidst to the Faithful: “Is it not enough for you that Allah should help you with three thousand angels (Specially) sent down?
125. “Yea, – if ye remain firm, and act aright, even if the enemy should rush here on you in hot haste, your Lord would help you with five thousand angels Making a terrific onslaught.
126. Allah made it but a message of hope for you, and an assurance to your hearts: (in any case) there is no help except from Allah. The Exalted, the Wise:
127. That He might cut off a fringe of the Unbelievers or expose them to infamy, and they should then be turned back, frustrated of their purpose.
128. Not for thee, (but for Allah., is the decision: Whether He turn in mercy to them, or punish them; for they are indeed wrong-doers.
129. To Allah belongeth all that is in the heavens and on earth. He forgiveth whom He pleaseth and punisheth whom He pleaseth; but Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
130. O ye who believe! Devour not usury, doubled and multiplied; but fear Allah. that ye may (really) prosper.
131. Fear the Fire, which is repaired for those who reject Faith:
132. And obey Allah and the Messenger. that ye may obtain mercy.
133. Be quick in the race for forgiveness from your Lord, and for a Garden whose width is that (of the whole) of the heavens and of the earth, prepared for the righteous,-
134. Those who spend (freely), whether in prosperity, or in adversity; who restrain anger, and pardon (all) men;- for Allah loves those who do good;-
135. And those who, having done something to be ashamed of, or wronged their own souls, earnestly bring Allah to mind, and ask for forgiveness for their sins,- and who can forgive sins except Allah.- and are never obstinate in persisting knowingly in (the wrong) they have done.
136. For such the reward is forgiveness from their Lord, and Gardens with rivers flowing underneath,- an eternal dwelling: How excellent a recompense for those who work (and strive)!
137. Many were the Ways of Life that have passed away before you: travel through the earth, and see what was the end of those who rejected Truth.
138. Here is a plain statement to men, a guidance and instruction to those who fear Allah.
139. So lose not heart, nor fall into despair: For ye must gain mastery if ye are true in Faith.
140. If a wound hath touched you, be sure a similar wound hath touched the others. Such days (of varying fortunes) We give to men and men by turns: that Allah may know those that believe, and that He may take to Himself from your ranks Martyr-witnesses (to Truth). And Allah loveth not those that do wrong.
141. Allah.s object also is to purge those that are true in Faith and to deprive of blessing Those that resist Faith.
142. Did ye think that ye would enter Heaven without Allah testing those of you who fought hard (In His Cause) and remained steadfast?
143. Ye did indeed wish for death before ye met him: Now ye have seen him with your own eyes, (And ye flinch!)
144. Muhammad is no more than an apostle: many Were the apostle that passed away before him. If he died or were slain, will ye then Turn back on your heels? If any did turn back on his heels, not the least harm will he do to Allah. but Allah (on the other hand) will swiftly reward those who (serve Him) with gratitude.
145. Nor can a soul die except by Allah.s leave, the term being fixed as by writing. If any do desire a reward in this life, We shall give it to him; and if any do desire a reward in the Hereafter, We shall give it to him. And swiftly shall We reward those that (serve us with) gratitude.
146. How many of the prophets fought (in Allah.s way), and with them (fought) Large bands of godly men? but they never lost heart if they met with disaster in Allah.s way, nor did they weaken (in will) nor give in. And Allah Loves those who are firm and steadfast.
147. All that they said was: “Our Lord! Forgive us our sins and anything We may have done that transgressed our duty: Establish our feet firmly, and help us against those that resist Faith.”
148. And Allah gave them a reward in this world, and the excellent reward of the Hereafter. For Allah Loveth those who do good.
149. O ye who believe! If ye obey the Unbelievers, they will drive you back on your heels, and ye will turn back (from Faith) to your own loss.
150. Nay, Allah is your protector, and He is the best of helpers.
151. Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers, for that they joined companions with Allah, for which He had sent no authority: their abode will be the Fire: And evil is the home of the wrong-doers!
152. Allah did indeed fulfil His promise to you when ye with His permission Were about to annihilate your enemy,-until ye flinched and fell to disputing about the order, and disobeyed it after He brought you in sight (of the booty) which ye covet. Among you are some that hanker after this world and some that desire the Hereafter. Then did He divert you from your foes in order to test you but He forgave you: For Allah is full of grace to those who believe.
153. Behold! ye were climbing up the high ground, without even casting a side glance at any one, and the Messenger in your rear was calling you back. There did Allah give you one distress after another by way of requital, to teach you not to grieve for (the booty) that had escaped you and for (the ill) that had befallen you. For Allah is well aware of all that ye do.
154. After (the excitement) of the distress, He sent down calm on a band of you overcome with slumber, while another band was stirred to anxiety by their own feelings, Moved by wrong suspicions of Allah.suspicions due to ignorance. They said: “What affair is this of ours?” Say thou: “Indeed, this affair is wholly Allah.s.” They hide in their minds what they dare not reveal to thee. They say (to themselves): “If we had had anything to do with this affair, We should not have been in the slaughter here.” Say: “Even if you had remained in your homes, those for whom death was decreed would certainly have gone forth to the place of their death”; but (all this was) that Allah might test what is in your breasts and purge what is in your hearts. For Allah knoweth well the secrets of your hearts.
155. Those of you who turned back on the day the two hosts Met,-it was Satan who caused them to fail, because of some (evil) they had done. But Allah Has blotted out (their fault): For Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Forbearing.
156. O ye who believe! Be not like the Unbelievers, who say of their brethren, when they are travelling through the Earth or engaged in fighting: “If they had stayed with us, they would not have died, or been slain.” This that Allah may make it a cause of sighs and regrets in their hearts. It is Allah that gives Life and Death, and Allah sees well all that ye do.
157. And if ye are slain, or die, in the way of Allah, forgiveness and mercy from Allah are far better than all they could amass.
158. And if ye die, or are slain, Lo! it is unto Allah that ye are brought together.
159. It is part of the Mercy of Allah that thou dost deal gently with them Wert thou severe or harsh-hearted, they would have broken away from about thee: so pass over (Their faults), and ask for ((Allah)’s) forgiveness for them; and consult them in affairs (of moment). Then, when thou hast Taken a decision put thy trust in Allah. For Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him).
160. If Allah helps you, none can overcome you: If He forsakes you, who is there, after that, that can help you? in Allah, then, Let believers put their trust.
161. No prophet could (ever) be false to his trust. If any person is so false, He shall, on the Day of Judgment, restore what he misappropriated; then shall every soul receive its due,- whatever it earned,- and none shall be dealt with unjustly.
162. Is the man who follows the good pleasure of Allah Like the man who draws on himself the wrath of Allah, and whose abode is in Hell?- A woeful refuge!
163. They are in varying gardens in the sight of Allah, and Allah sees well all that they do.
164. Allah did confer a great favour on the believers when He sent among them an apostle from among themselves, rehearsing unto them the Signs of Allah, sanctifying them, and instructing them in Scripture and Wisdom, while, before that, they had been in manifest error.
165. What! When a single disaster smites you, although ye smote (your enemies) with one twice as great, do ye say?- “Whence is this?” Say (to them): “It is from yourselves: For Allah hath power over all things.”
166. What ye suffered on the day the two armies Met, was with the leave of Allah, in order that He might test the believers,-
167. And the Hypocrites also. These were told: “Come, fight in the way of Allah, or (at least) drive (The foe from your city).” They said: “Had we known how to fight, we should certainly have followed you.” They were that day nearer to Unbelief than to Faith, saying with their lips what was not in their hearts but Allah hath full knowledge of all they conceal.
168. (They are) the ones that say, (of their brethren slain), while they themselves sit (at ease): “If only they had listened to us they would not have been slain.” Say: “Avert death from your own selves, if ye speak the truth.”
169. Think not of those who are slain in Allah.s way as dead. Nay, they live, finding their sustenance in the presence of their Lord;
170. They rejoice in the bounty provided by Allah. And with regard to those left behind, who have not yet joined them (in their bliss), the (Martyrs) glory in the fact that on them is no fear, nor have they (cause to) grieve.
171. They glory in the Grace and the bounty from Allah, and in the fact that Allah suffereth not the reward of the Faithful to be lost (in the least).
172. Of those who answered the call of Allah and the Messenger, even after being wounded, those who do right and refrain from wrong have a great reward;-
173. Men said to them: “A great army is gathering against you”: And frightened them: But it (only) increased their Faith: They said: “For us Allah sufficeth, and He is the best disposer of affairs.”
174. And they returned with Grace and bounty from Allah. no harm ever touched them: For they followed the good pleasure of Allah. And Allah is the Lord of bounties unbounded.
175. It is only the Evil One that suggests to you the fear of his votaries: Be ye not afraid of them, but fear Me, if ye have Faith.
176. Let not those grieve thee who rush headlong into Unbelief: Not the least harm will they do to Allah. Allah.s plan is that He will give them no portion in the Hereafter, but a severe punishment.
177. Those who purchase Unbelief at the price of faith,- not the least harm will they do to Allah, but they will have a grievous punishment.
178. Let not the Unbelievers think that our respite to them is good for themselves: We grant them respite that they may grow in their iniquity: But they will have a shameful punishment.
179. Allah will not leave the believers in the state in which ye are now, until He separates what is evil from what is good nor will He disclose to you the secrets of the Unseen. But He chooses of His Messenger. (For the purpose) whom He pleases. So believe in Allah. And His apostles: And if ye believe and do right, ye have a reward without measure.
180. And let not those who covetously withhold of the gifts which Allah Hath given them of His Grace, think that it is good for them: Nay, it will be the worse for them: soon shall the things which they covetously withheld be tied to their necks Like a twisted collar, on the Day of Judgment. To Allah belongs the heritage of the heavens and the earth; and Allah is well-acquainted with all that ye do.
181. Allah hath heard the taunt of those who say: “Truly, Allah is indigent and we are rich!”- We shall certainly record their word and (their act) of slaying the prophets in defiance of right, and We shall say: “Taste ye the penalty of the Scorching Fire!
182. “This is because of the (unrighteous deeds) which your hands sent on before ye: For Allah never harms those who serve Him.”
183. They (also) said: “(Allah) took our promise not to believe in an apostle unless He showed us a sacrifice consumed by Fire (From heaven).” Say: “There came to you apostles before me, with clear Signs and even with what ye ask for: why then did ye slay them, if ye speak the truth?”
184. Then if they reject thee, so were rejected apostles before thee, who came with Clear Signs, Books of dark prophecies, and the Book of Enlightenment.
185. Every soul shall have a taste of death: And only on the Day of Judgment shall you be paid your full recompense. Only he who is saved far from the Fire and admitted to the Garden will have attained the object (of Life): For the life of this world is but goods and chattels of deception.
186. Ye shall certainly be tried and tested in your possessions and in your personal selves; and ye shall certainly Hear much that will grieve you, from those who received the Book before you and from those who worship many gods. But if ye persevere patiently, and guard against evil,-then that will be a determining factor in all affairs.
187. And remember Allah took a covenant from the People of the Book, to make it known and clear to mankind, and not to hide it; but they threw it away behind their backs, and purchased with it some miserable gain! And vile was the bargain they made!
188. Think not that those who exult in what they have brought about, and love to be praised for what they have not done,- think escape the penalty. For them is a penalty Grievous indeed.
189. To Allah belongeth the dominion of the heavens and the earth; and Allah hath power over all things.
190. Behold! in the creation of the heavens and the earth, and the alternation of night and day,- there are indeed Signs for men of understanding,-
191. Men who celebrate the praises of Allah, standing, sitting, and lying down on their sides, and contemplate the (wonders of) creation in the heavens and the earth, (With the thought): “Our Lord! not for naught Hast Thou created (all) this! Glory to Thee! Give us salvation from the penalty of the Fire.
192. “Our Lord! any whom Thou dost admit to the Fire, Truly Thou coverest with shame, and never will wrong-doers Find any helpers!
193. “Our Lord! we have heard the call of one calling (Us) to Faith, ‘Believe ye in the Lord,’ and we have believed. Our Lord! Forgive us our sins, blot out from us our iniquities, and take to Thyself our souls in the company of the righteous.
194. “Our Lord! Grant us what Thou didst promise unto us through Thine apostles, and save us from shame on the Day of Judgment: For Thou never breakest Thy promise.”
195. And their Lord hath accepted of them, and answered them: “Never will I suffer to be lost the work of any of you, be he male or female: Ye are members, one of another: Those who have left their homes, or been driven out therefrom, or suffered harm in My Cause, or fought or been slain,- verily, I will blot out from them their iniquities, and admit them into Gardens with rivers flowing beneath;- A reward from the presence of Allah, and from His presence is the best of rewards.”
196. Let not the strutting about of the Unbelievers through the land deceive thee:
197. Little is it for enjoyment: Their ultimate abode is Hell: what an evil bed (To lie on)!
198. On the other hand, for those who fear their Lord, are Gardens, with rivers flowing beneath; therein are they to dwell (for ever),- a gift from the presence of Allah. and that which is in the presence of Allah is the best (bliss) for the righteous.
199. And there are, certainly, among the People of the Book, those who believe in Allah, in the revelation to you, and in the revelation to them, bowing in humility to Allah. They will not sell the Signs of Allah for a miserable gain! For them is a reward with their Lord, and Allah is swift in account.
200. O ye who believe! Persevere in patience and constancy; vie in such perseverance; strengthen each other; and fear Allah. that ye may prosper.
Chapter 8, V 12, 60, 39
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
1. They ask thee concerning (things taken as) spoils of war. Say: “(such) spoils are at the disposal of Allah and the Messenger. So fear Allah, and keep straight the relations between yourselves: Obey Allah and His Messenger, if ye do believe.”
2. For, Believers are those who, when Allah is mentioned, feel a tremor in their hearts, and when they hear His signs rehearsed, find their faith strengthened, and put (all) their trust in their Lord;
3. Who establish regular prayers and spend (freely) out of the gifts We have given them for sustenance:
4. Such in truth are the believers: they have grades of dignity with their Lord, and forgiveness, and generous sustenance:
5. Just as thy Lord ordered thee out of thy house in truth, even though a party among the Believers disliked it,
6. Disputing with thee concerning the truth after it was made manifest, as if they were being driven to death and they (actually) saw it.
7. Behold! Allah promised you one of the two (enemy) parties, that it should be yours: Ye wished that the one unarmed should be yours, but Allah willed to justify the Truth according to His words and to cut off the roots of the Unbelievers;-
8. That He might justify Truth and prove Falsehood false, distasteful though it be to those in guilt.
9. Remember ye implored the assistance of your Lord, and He answered you: “I will assist you with a thousand of the angels, ranks on ranks.”
10. Allah made it but a message of hope, and an assurance to your hearts: (in any case) there is no help except from Allah. and Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise.
11. Remember He covered you with a sort of drowsiness, to give you calm as from Himself, and he caused rain to descend on you from heaven, to clean you therewith, to remove from you the stain of Satan, to strengthen your hearts, and to plant your feet firmly therewith.
12. Remember thy Lord inspired the angels (with the message): “I am with you: give firmness to the Believers: I will instil terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers: smite ye above their necks and smite all their finger-tips off them.”
13. This because they contended against Allah and His Messenger. If any contend against Allah and His Messenger, Allah is strict in punishment.
14. Thus (will it be said): “Taste ye then of the (punishment): for those who resist Allah, is the penalty of the Fire.”
15. O ye who believe! when ye meet the Unbelievers in hostile array, never turn your backs to them.
16. If any do turn his back to them on such a day – unless it be in a stratagem of war, or to retreat to a troop (of his own)- he draws on himself the wrath of Allah, and his abode is Hell,- an evil refuge (indeed)!
17. It is not ye who slew them; it was Allah. when thou threwest (a handful of dust), it was not thy act, but Allah’s: in order that He might test the Believers by a gracious trial from Himself: for Allah is He Who heareth and knoweth (all things).
18. That, and also because Allah is He Who makes feeble the plans and stratagem of the Unbelievers.
19. (O Unbelievers!) if ye prayed for victory and judgment, now hath the judgment come to you: if ye desist (from wrong), it will be best for you: if ye return (to the attack), so shall We. Not the least good will your forces be to you even if they were multiplied: for verily Allah is with those who believe!
20. O ye who believe! Obey Allah and His Messenger, and turn not away from him when ye hear (him speak).
21. Nor be like those who say, “We hear,” but listen not:
22. For the worst of beasts in the sight of Allah are the deaf and the dumb,- those who understand not.
23. If Allah had found in them any good. He would indeed have made them listen: (As it is), if He had made them listen, they would but have turned back and declined (Faith).
24. O ye who believe! give your response to Allah and His Messenger, when He calleth you to that which will give you life; and know that Allah cometh in between a man and his heart, and that it is He to Whom ye shall (all) be gathered.
25. And fear tumult or oppression, which affecteth not in particular (only) those of you who do wrong: and know that Allah is strict in punishment.
26. Call to mind when ye were a small (band), despised through the land, and afraid that men might despoil and kidnap you; But He provided a safe asylum for you, strengthened you with His aid, and gave you Good things for sustenance: that ye might be grateful.
27. O ye that believe! betray not the trust of Allah and the Messenger, nor misappropriate knowingly things entrusted to you.
28. And know ye that your possessions and your progeny are but a trial; and that it is Allah with Whom lies your highest reward.
29. O ye who believe! if ye fear Allah, He will grant you a criterion (to judge between right and wrong), remove from you (all) evil (that may afflict) you, and forgive you: for Allah is the Lord of grace unbounded.
30. Remember how the Unbelievers plotted against thee, to keep thee in bonds, or slay thee, or get thee out (of thy home). They plot and plan, and Allah too plans; but the best of planners is Allah.
31. When Our Signs are rehearsed to them, they say: “We have heard this (before): if we wished, we could say (words) like these: these are nothing but tales of the ancients.”
32. Remember how they said: “O Allah if this is indeed the Truth from Thee, rain down on us a shower of stones form the sky, or send us a grievous penalty.”
33. But Allah was not going to send them a penalty whilst thou wast amongst them; nor was He going to send it whilst they could ask for pardon.
34. But what plea have they that Allah should not punish them, when they keep out (men) from the sacred Mosque – and they are not its guardians? No men can be its guardians except the righteous; but most of them do not understand.
35. Their prayer at the House (of Allah. is nothing but whistling and clapping of hands: (Its only answer can be), “Taste ye the penalty because ye blasphemed.”
36. The Unbelievers spend their wealth to hinder (man) from the path of Allah, and so will they continue to spend; but in the end they will have (only) regrets and sighs; at length they will be overcome: and the Unbelievers will be gathered together to Hell;-
37. In order that Allah may separate the impure from the pure, put the impure, one on another, heap them together, and cast them into Hell. They will be the ones to have lost.
38. Say to the Unbelievers, if (now) they desist (from Unbelief), their past would be forgiven them; but if they persist, the punishment of those before them is already (a matter of warning for them).
39. And fight them on until there is no more tumult or oppression, and there prevail justice and faith in Allah altogether and everywhere; but if they cease, verily Allah doth see all that they do.
40. If they refuse, be sure that Allah is your Protector – the best to protect and the best to help.
41. And know that out of all the booty that ye may acquire (in war), a fifth share is assigned to Allah,- and to the Messenger, and to near relatives, orphans, the needy, and the wayfarer,- if ye do believe in Allah and in the revelation We sent down to Our servant on the Day of Testing,- the Day of the meeting of the two forces. For Allah hath power over all things.
42. Remember ye were on the hither side of the valley, and they on the farther side, and the caravan on lower ground than ye. Even if ye had made a mutual appointment to meet, ye would certainly have failed in the appointment: But (thus ye met), that Allah might accomplish a matter already enacted; that those who died might die after a clear Sign (had been given), and those who lived might live after a Clear Sign (had been given). And verily Allah is He Who heareth and knoweth (all things).
43. Remember in thy dream Allah showed them to thee as few: if He had shown them to thee as many, ye would surely have been discouraged, and ye would surely have disputed in (your) decision; but Allah saved (you): for He knoweth well the (secrets) of (all) hearts.
44. And remember when ye met, He showed them to you as few in your eyes, and He made you appear as contemptible in their eyes: that Allah might accomplish a matter already enacted. For to Allah do all questions go back (for decision).
45. O ye who believe! When ye meet a force, be firm, and call Allah in remembrance much (and often); that ye may prosper:
46. And obey Allah and His Messenger. and fall into no disputes, lest ye lose heart and your power depart; and be patient and persevering: For Allah is with those who patiently persevere:
47. And be not like those who started from their homes insolently and to be seen of men, and to hinder (men) from the path of Allah. For Allah compasseth round about all that they do.
48. Remember Satan made their (sinful) acts seem alluring to them, and said: “No one among men can overcome you this day, while I am near to you”: But when the two forces came in sight of each other, he turned on his heels, and said: “Lo! I am clear of you; lo! I see what ye see not; Lo! I fear Allah. for Allah is strict in punishment.”
49. Lo! the hypocrites say, and those in whose hearts is a disease: “These people,- their religion has misled them.” But if any trust in Allah, behold! Allah is Exalted in might, Wise.
50. If thou couldst see, when the angels take the souls of the Unbelievers (at death), (How) they smite their faces and their backs, (saying): “Taste the penalty of the blazing Fire-
51. “Because of (the deeds) which your (own) hands sent forth; for Allah is never unjust to His servants:
52. “(Deeds) after the manner of the people of Pharaoh and of those before them: They rejected the Signs of Allah, and Allah punished them for their crimes: for Allah is Strong, and Strict in punishment:
53. “Because Allah will never change the grace which He hath bestowed on a people until they change what is in their (own) souls: and verily Allah is He Who heareth and knoweth (all things).”
54. (Deeds) after the manner of the people of Pharaoh and those before them”: They treated as false the Signs of their Lord: so We destroyed them for their crimes, and We drowned the people of Pharaoh: for they were all oppressors and wrong- doers.
55. For the worst of beasts in the sight of Allah are those who reject Him: They will not believe.
56. They are those with whom thou didst make a covenant, but they break their covenant every time, and they have not the fear (of Allah..
57. If ye gain the mastery over them in war, disperse, with them, those who follow them, that they may remember.
58. If thou fearest treachery from any group, throw back (their covenant) to them, (so as to be) on equal terms: for Allah loveth not the treacherous.
59. Let not the unbelievers think that they can get the better (of the godly): they will never frustrate (them).
60. Against them make ready your strength to the utmost of your power, including steeds of war, to strike terror into (the hearts of) the enemies, of Allah and your enemies, and others besides, whom ye may not know, but whom Allah doth know. Whatever ye shall spend in the cause of Allah, shall be repaid unto you, and ye shall not be treated unjustly.
61. But if the enemy incline towards peace, do thou (also) incline towards peace, and trust in Allah. for He is One that heareth and knoweth (all things).
62. Should they intend to deceive thee,- verily Allah sufficeth thee: He it is That hath strengthened thee with His aid and with (the company of) the Believers;
63. And (moreover) He hath put affection between their hearts: not if thou hadst spent all that is in the earth, couldst thou have produced that affection, but Allah hath done it: for He is Exalted in might, Wise.
64. O Messenger. sufficient unto thee is Allah,- (unto thee) and unto those who follow thee among the Believers.
65. O Messenger. rouse the Believers to the fight. If there are twenty amongst you, patient and persevering, they will vanquish two hundred: if a hundred, they will vanquish a thousand of the Unbelievers: for these are a people without understanding.
66. For the present, Allah hath lightened your (task), for He knoweth that there is a weak spot in you: But (even so), if there are a hundred of you, patient and persevering, they will vanquish two hundred, and if a thousand, they will vanquish two thousand, with the leave of Allah. for Allah is with those who patiently persevere.
67. It is not fitting for an apostle that he should have prisoners of war until he hath thoroughly subdued the land. Ye look for the temporal goods of this world; but Allah looketh to the Hereafter: And Allah is Exalted in might, Wise.
68. Had it not been for a previous ordainment from Allah, a severe penalty would have reached you for the (ransom) that ye took.
69. But (now) enjoy what ye took in war, lawful and good: but fear Allah. for Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.
70. O Messenger. say to those who are captives in your hands: “If Allah findeth any good in your hearts, He will give you something better than what has been taken from you, and He will forgive you: for Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.”
71. But if they have treacherous designs against thee, (O Messenger.), they have already been in treason against Allah, and so hath He given (thee) power over them. And Allah so He Who hath (full) knowledge and wisdom.
72. Those who believed, and adopted exile, and fought for the Faith, with their property and their persons, in the cause of Allah, as well as those who gave (them) asylum and aid,- these are (all) friends and protectors, one of another. As to those who believed but came not into exile, ye owe no duty of protection to them until they come into exile; but if they seek your aid in religion, it is your duty to help them, except against a people with whom ye have a treaty of mutual alliance. And (remember) Allah seeth all that ye do.
73. The Unbelievers are protectors, one of another: Unless ye do this, (protect each other), there would be tumult and oppression on earth, and great mischief.
74. Those who believe, and adopt exile, and fight for the Faith, in the cause of Allah as well as those who give (them) asylum and aid,- these are (all) in very truth the Believers: for them is the forgiveness of sins and a provision most generous.
75. And those who accept Faith subsequently, and adopt exile, and fight for the Faith in your company,- they are of you. But kindred by blood have prior rights against each other in the Book of Allah. Verily Allah is well-acquainted with all things.
Chapter 9, V 5, 29
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
1. A (declaration) of immunity from Allah and His Messenger, to those of the Pagans with whom ye have contracted mutual alliances:-
2. Go ye, then, for four months, backwards and forwards, (as ye will), throughout the land, but know ye that ye cannot frustrate Allah (by your falsehood) but that Allah will cover with shame those who reject Him.
3. And an announcement from Allah and His Messenger, to the people (assembled) on the day of the Great Pilgrimage,- that Allah and His Messenger dissolve (treaty) obligations with the Pagans. If then, ye repent, it were best for you; but if ye turn away, know ye that ye cannot frustrate Allah. And proclaim a grievous penalty to those who reject Faith.
4. (But the treaties are) not dissolved with those Pagans with whom ye have entered into alliance and who have not subsequently failed you in aught, nor aided any one against you. So fulfil your engagements with them to the end of their term: for Allah loveth the righteous.
5. But when the forbidden months are past, then fight and slay the Pagans wherever ye find them, an seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war); but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practise regular charity, then open the way for them: for Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.
6. If one amongst the Pagans ask thee for asylum, grant it to him, so that he may hear the word of Allah. and then escort him to where he can be secure. That is because they are men without knowledge.
7. How can there be a league, before Allah and His Messenger, with the Pagans, except those with whom ye made a treaty near the sacred Mosque? As long as these stand true to you, stand ye true to them: for Allah doth love the righteous.
8. How (can there be such a league), seeing that if they get an advantage over you, they respect not in you the ties either of kinship or of covenant? With (fair words from) their mouths they entice you, but their hearts are averse from you; and most of them are rebellious and wicked.
9. The Signs of Allah have they sold for a miserable price, and (many) have they hindered from His way: evil indeed are the deeds they have done.
10. In a Believer they respect not the ties either of kinship or of covenant! It is they who have transgressed all bounds.
11. But (even so), if they repent, establish regular prayers, and practise regular charity,- they are your brethren in Faith: (thus) do We explain the Signs in detail, for those who understand.
12. But if they violate their oaths after their covenant, and taunt you for your Faith,- fight ye the chiefs of Unfaith: for their oaths are nothing to them: that thus they may be restrained.
13. Will ye not fight people who violated their oaths, plotted to expel the Messenger, and took the aggressive by being the first (to assault) you? Do ye fear them? Nay, it is Allah Whom ye should more justly fear, if ye believe!
14. Fight them, and Allah will punish them by your hands, cover them with shame, help you (to victory) over them, heal the breasts of Believers,
15. And still the indignation of their hearts. For Allah will turn (in mercy) to whom He will; and Allah is All-Knowing, All-Wise.
16. Or think ye that ye shall be abandoned, as though Allah did not know those among you who strive with might and main, and take none for friends and protectors except Allah, His Messenger, and the (community of) Believers? But Allah is well- acquainted with (all) that ye do.
17. It is not for such as join gods with Allah, to visit or maintain the mosques of Allah while they witness against their own souls to infidelity. The works of such bear no fruit: In Fire shall they dwell.
18. The mosques of Allah shall be visited and maintained by such as believe in Allah and the Last Day, establish regular prayers, and practise regular charity, and fear none (at all) except Allah. It is they who are expected to be on true guidance.
19. Do ye make the giving of drink to pilgrims, or the maintenance of the Sacred Mosque, equal to (the pious service of) those who believe in Allah and the Last Day, and strive with might and main in the cause of Allah. They are not comparable in the sight of Allah. and Allah guides not those who do wrong.
20. Those who believe, and suffer exile and strive with might and main, in Allah.s cause, with their goods and their persons, have the highest rank in the sight of Allah. they are the people who will achieve (salvation).
21. Their Lord doth give them glad tidings of a Mercy from Himself, of His good pleasure, and of gardens for them, wherein are delights that endure:
22. They will dwell therein for ever. Verily in Allah.s presence is a reward, the greatest (of all).
23. O ye who believe! take not for protectors your fathers and your brothers if they love infidelity above Faith: if any of you do so, they do wrong.
24. Say: If it be that your fathers, your sons, your brothers, your mates, or your kindred; the wealth that ye have gained; the commerce in which ye fear a decline: or the dwellings in which ye delight – are dearer to you than Allah, or His Messenger, or the striving in His cause;- then wait until Allah brings about His decision: and Allah guides not the rebellious.
25. Assuredly Allah did help you in many battle-fields and on the day of Hunain: Behold! your great numbers elated you, but they availed you naught: the land, for all that it is wide, did constrain you, and ye turned back in retreat.
26. But Allah did pour His calm on the Messenger and on the Believers, and sent down forces which ye saw not: He punished the Unbelievers; thus doth He reward those without Faith.
27. Again will Allah, after this, turn (in mercy) to whom He will: for Allah is Oft- forgiving, Most Merciful.
28. O ye who believe! Truly the Pagans are unclean; so let them not, after this year of theirs, approach the Sacred Mosque. And if ye fear poverty, soon will Allah enrich you, if He wills, out of His bounty, for Allah is All-knowing, All-wise.
29. Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.
30. The Jews call ‘Uzair a son of Allah, and the Christians call Christ the son of Allah. That is a saying from their mouth; (in this) they but imitate what the unbelievers of old used to say. Allah.s curse be on them: how they are deluded away from the Truth!
31. They take their priests and their anchorites to be their lords in derogation of Allah, and (they take as their Lord) Christ the son of Mary; yet they were commanded to worship but One Allah. there is no god but He. Praise and glory to Him: (Far is He) from having the partners they associate (with Him).
32. Fain would they extinguish Allah.s light with their mouths, but Allah will not allow but that His light should be perfected, even though the Unbelievers may detest (it).
33. It is He Who hath sent His Messenger with guidance and the Religion of Truth, to proclaim it over all religion, even though the Pagans may detest (it).
34. O ye who believe! there are indeed many among the priests and anchorites, who in Falsehood devour the substance of men and hinder (them) from the way of Allah. And there are those who bury gold and silver and spend it not in the way of Allah. announce unto them a most grievous penalty-
35. On the Day when heat will be produced out of that (wealth) in the fire of Hell, and with it will be branded their foreheads, their flanks, and their backs, their flanks, and their backs.- “This is the (treasure) which ye buried for yourselves: taste ye, then, the (treasures) ye buried!”
36. The number of months in the sight of Allah is twelve (in a year)- so ordained by Him the day He created the heavens and the earth; of them four are sacred: that is the straight usage. So wrong not yourselves therein, and fight the Pagans all together as they fight you all together. But know that Allah is with those who restrain themselves.
37. Verily the transposing (of a prohibited month) is an addition to Unbelief: the Unbelievers are led to wrong thereby: for they make it lawful one year, and forbidden another year, in order to adjust the number of months forbidden by Allah and make such forbidden ones lawful. The evil of their course seems pleasing to them. But Allah guideth not those who reject Faith.
38. O ye who believe! what is the matter with you, that, when ye are asked to go forth in the cause of Allah, ye cling heavily to the earth? Do ye prefer the life of this world to the Hereafter? But little is the comfort of this life, as compared with the Hereafter.
39. Unless ye go forth, He will punish you with a grievous penalty, and put others in your place; but Him ye would not harm in the least. For Allah hath power over all things.
40. If ye help not (your leader), (it is no matter): for Allah did indeed help him, when the Unbelievers drove him out: he had no more than one companion; they two were in the cave, and he said to his companion, “Have no fear, for Allah is with us”: then Allah sent down His peace upon him, and strengthened him with forces which ye saw not, and humbled to the depths the word of the Unbelievers. But the word of Allah is exalted to the heights: for Allah is Exalted in might, Wise.
41. Go ye forth, (whether equipped) lightly or heavily, and strive and struggle, with your goods and your persons, in the cause of Allah. That is best for you, if ye (but) knew.
42. If there had been immediate gain (in sight), and the journey easy, they would (all) without doubt have followed thee, but the distance was long, (and weighed) on them. They would indeed swear by Allah, “If we only could, we should certainly have come out with you”: They would destroy their own souls; for Allah doth know that they are certainly lying.
43. Allah give thee grace! why didst thou grant them until those who told the truth were seen by thee in a clear light, and thou hadst proved the liars?
44. Those who believe in Allah and the Last Day ask thee for no exemption from fighting with their goods and persons. And
bakvas story only muslims are humans and all others are not living beings are what , if any one tries to cross the boundraies and think about he can do what ever he wants then its wrong, for every reaction there will opp. reaction